Re: Re: Backspacing

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 00:52:54 EDT

--- "mike d." <miggitymike@juno.com> wrote:
> >>does any one have any good ideas on how to put the
> coils in with out a
> spring
> compressor???<<
>
> we put mine in with a crowbar and a bomb shelter
> close by =) We basically
> took the whole front end apart (we were doing
> spindles at the same time),
> and had the control arm pretty much laying on the
> floor. We put a jack
> under it, and put the spring in the upper spring
> pocket, using the
> crowbar to hold it in place. Then we SLOWLY raised
> the control arm back
> up. And when I say slow, I mean MAAAAD slow. Make
> sure you have someone
> pretty strong holding the crowbar, too

... I highly
> recommend getting a spring compressor,

I have replaced my front coils as well, I would not
attempt to do it without a spring compressor. My
roommate did his mustang front coils over spring break
and he had them banded...about $15 or so for each one.
 You basically put it together and cut the bands and
it pops into place.....like I said, use a spring
compressor. It does not cost you anything. You can
rent them at AutoZone.

my $0.02

Gregg
92 V6 CC