Re: Multi-Meter

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 18:20:57 EDT

I figured I might put my two cents in on meters since I use them
everyday. Fluke is the best, as stated by others. BK Precision is a good
meter also. It's not too bad. I bought one for $60 a few years ago and
it's been through hell with me and still is very accurate. I've had
current spikes go through it that make the leads jump, and have measured
over 1000 volts AC with it, and measured resistance down to less than an
Ohm. I'm an electronics technician and I work on multi-million dollar Eddy
Current inspection robots that inspect Military jet engine parts used in
the F15, F16, and Apache Helicopters, to name a few.

If money is not an issue, get a Fluke, you won't regret it. But if your
into saving a buck or two, get a BK. Just my personal experience.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net