Re: Door Dings and scratches? What do I do?

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 19:21:46 EDT

I just had a door ding removed from my passenger door.
$75, no paint.. They remove the door panel, and work it out
from the inside. You can't see NADA (nothing)... I was
really happy with the results.

Check with your dealership, and ask them who they use to
fix door dings... This guy that did mine was mobile, and
fixed it at the dealership while I was having some other
service done.

Sam

--- Stephen Hopkins <buggin67@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dry ice will pull hail dent out but i don't know about
> door dings.... It's
> worth a try. The dry ice makes the steal shrink up and
> the dent pops out.
> Steve
>

> >From: "dugan" <dugan@iland.net>
> >To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
> >Subject: DML: Door Dings and scratches? What do I do?
> >Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:12:11 -0500
> >
> >Well... today I officialy got my first door ding... and
> it SUCKED! It was
> >really windy out and I guess sombody couldnt hold on to
> their damn door.
> >Anyways... on my dakota I now have 2 small dings... on
> the passenger door.
> >One of them is on that little grove that goes in along
> the bottom part of
> >the door... there is a small bit of their paint on there
> and a very small
> >dent. Also under the door handle on the door there is
> another dent... even
> >smaller.. you can hardly even see it unless you look at
> it at just the
> >right
> >angle. There is also some clear coat scratched on that
> dent... like a 2
> >inch long scuff of some sort. I would like to know if
> these dents sound
> >like they could be fixed and if the scuff in the clear
> coat can be fixed.
> >How do they usualy pull dents out and does it matter how
> big or small the
> >dents are? A friend of mine told me the scratch looked
> like it was clear
> >coat off of the other car.. and to take some laquer
> thinner on a rag and
> >lightly rub it off.. but I dont know if this is such a
> good idea. I am
> >going to take it to the dealer eventualy but I dont have
> the time this
> >month
> >so it will have to be in May. Any of you guys know what
> I should do and
> >what CAN be done about the dings and scuff/scratch???
> Thanks
> >
> >-TomDugan
> >dugan@iland.net

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com