RE:DML Borla & Gibson Exhaust Comparison ??Help

From: Keith Gorney (gorneys@worldpath.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:19:50 EDT

Personally, I'm going for the aluminized single Gibson cat-back. True, =
stainless will last longer, but you can find plenty of coatings on the =
market these days to seal your aluminum system before you install it. =
Again it won't be stainless but it will be a hell of a lot cheaper(even =
stainless systems rust out eventually). I also have a 4x4 and it does =
see truckl duty for everything from fishing trips on muddy, rock ridden =
logging trails to occasioanlly hauling my 20' Glastron and the single =
swept side exhaust has better clearance than the dual exit. I can't =
speak from experience, but I believe the dual set gives less low end =
torque than the single as well.
For my money, the single swept side is the way to go on a 4x4. And I =
know it sounds nice without being obnoxious!
Keith Gorney
99 Dakota Sport+ CC 4x4, V6 5speed