Re: Removing Driveshaft 101

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 09:02:50 EDT

Hmmmm... Good question. For the life of me I can't see why you couldn't drive
your rig safely without the front drive shaft. The only thing I could
speculate as being a problem is that the T-Case either expects a load (highly
doubtful) or it keeps in synch. by being tied to the front output shaft/front
diff. (also highly doubtful). I just can't see a problem here...

Hey Peter Cutler! If your reading this, could you check at the source for us?
This question has got me curious and I wouldn't trust a dealers answer to this
question... Hell, I had a question about my Full-Time system when I bought my
truck and I ended up having to explain how it worked to the D.A.'s! Suffice it
to say they couldn't answer my question.
Tom