Re: Removing Driveshaft 101

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:50:04 EDT

In a message dated 04/06/2000 7:00:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<<
 Hmmmm... Good question. For the life of me I can't see why you couldn't
drive
 your rig safely without the front drive shaft. The only thing I could
 speculate as being a problem is that the T-Case either expects a load
(highly
 doubtful) or it keeps in synch. by being tied to the front output
shaft/front
 diff. (also highly doubtful). I just can't see a problem here...

 Hey Peter Cutler! If your reading this, could you check at the source for
us?
 This question has got me curious and I wouldn't trust a dealers answer to
this
 question... Hell, I had a question about my Full-Time system when I bought
my
 truck and I ended up having to explain how it worked to the D.A.'s! Suffice
it
 to say they couldn't answer my question.
 Tom

I know when we pulled this on the old chevy 4x4s you had to lock the transfer
case into 4 high or you were'nt going anywhere not sure why we asked the
local chevy garage and they did'nt have an answer. Good Luck!

MrDakota95