Noises from my DAK

From: msnbcnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 23:40:24 EDT

>1st one is a noise I hear at idle, it is very high in pitch, and could
be
>described as a ringing, singing, or whining noise. If the RPM's are
raised
>even slightly, the noise disappears, but returns when the engine reaches
>idle speed again. The truck seems to run just fine, but the noise is
rather
>annoying.

you know, alternators have the annoying tendancy to make whining noises
at idle,
or quite possibly some component of the electrical system (connected to
the alternator).My old buretta did this,
especially whe the alternator was going bad. My dak makes a high pitched
noise,
 very faint, most noticeably between the cab and the bed. Unless its
really loud, its probably not a problem.

Does the pitch change when you press the brake down?

But I might be wrong, just my experience.

Guahiro

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.