Re: Re: AAR hood suggestions

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 23:28:48 EDT

James Harmon wrote:

> Go ahead and try to fab up a shaker air box and scoop. Once you see in
> person, you realise that it is in proper proportions in relation to the
> hood length and width to the original.
> Jim

I agree - anything bigger just wouldn't look right on a Dak. While
checking it out in person at the Nats - it still looked too little though
IMO. Made it look fake or something. Now on a Ram - you could go larger
but still probably not as much as a real shaker. I like the look of a high
cowl induction hood on a Ram personally. Maybe an air grabber version
which I understand Terry D. has in the works - when is that one gonna be
out? My favorite on the Dak has to be the cuda/challenger power bulge (or
is it Rallye?) version.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"