RE: STAINLESS VS. ALUMINIZED EXHAUST -- LONGISH

From: Richman, Todd WGM (RichmanT@tacom.army.mil)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 10:51:39 EDT

Dennis,
You may want to clarify this a little more. If you live in a state where
salt is used highly, you may want to go with the stainless if it is true 300
series. You are correct in stating that when welding 300 steel it increased
the chance for rust, but not if the welds are done correctly. If you live in
a state where salt is not used or a concern then I would go with the
Aluminized, because it is less expensive and will have approximately the
same life span as the stainless.
Just my two cents.
Todd