Re: DML:Tonneau covers do save gas!!!!!! And increase driveability!!!

From: Keith Gorney (gorneys@worldpath.net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 23:10:19 EDT

Hi Rich.
I got my soft cover from a dealer on e-bay. It was only $160 plus shipping!
I was skeptical at first, but when I received it I was genuinely impressed
with the quality! I cruise around 70 mph back and forth to work and nothing
comes loose or flaps in the wind. It has built in ties to roll it up and tie
it off neatly if you need to haul something and the rails have foam padding
underneath so it won't scratch your bed rails. The frame sits on top of the
rails, but when it's all mounted it looks flush with the slope of the
outside of the bed. I have had a lot of compliments on it and it really
looks nicer than some higher priced units I've seen.
Here's a link to the auction on e-bay, he usually always has one or two
going.... http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=296582595

Keith Gorney
99 Dakota Sport+ CC 4x4 V6 5 speed

Say Keith, which soft cover did you get? I was looking into getting one also
so I could hide my golf clubs or fishing poles. Do you think the flush or
over the rail is better and is there any druming or flaping in the wind at
high speeds?
Rich
99 cc 5.2 auto
w/ FIPK II >