Re: Re: DML:check this out

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 00:42:56 EDT

That never works for me. :( I NEVER argue with them, and they just
give me a ticket anyway. Only contradictory thing I do is refuse to
say how fast I think I was going. (why do they always say "do you
know how fast you were going?" This leaves you with the option of
saying, "yes, I was deliberately flouting the law" or "no, I'm a
complete idiot and don't know how to read a speedometer" A no-win
choice)
BTW, I don't know if that trick would work in Oregon, but it would be
expensive to find out, since they hand you a ticket for, say, $180,
then if you mail that in they send about $100 back. I'm still
waiting for them to assign me a court date for the ticket I got on
the 1st of this year. But I figure, as long as it's in process, its
not on my record.
Flip
---- Begin Original Message ----

.
The trick is be cool with the officer and he will usually cut you a
break.

---- End Original Message ----

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!