Re: what to do when stopped WAS:check this out

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 02:07:45 EDT

Also keep your hands on the wheel and don't move around too much. Wait until
you have established conversation to reach for your drivers license or
registration. They don'y know what you're reaching for....

In a message dated 4/8/00 1:52:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, magnumv8@wtez.net
writes:

> What I've had good luck with is this: When stopped, pull off as soon
> as you can (don't take forever as this tends to tick off the officer).
> Pull off far enough to give the officer plenty of room to walk up to
> your window without having his butt sticking across the white line.
> Kill your engine. This lets the officer know you aren't planning on
> bolting on him. If it's at night turn on the dome light and if you
> have dark windows roll them down. These few little things really
> helps the officer out and will make him/her more relaxed with the
> stop (this is good). When talking to the officer be nice till it
> hurts. Yes sir, no sir be apologetic and honest (honest to a point)
> and don't smart off. This may not get you out of all tickets but it
> will probably for a few, and it sure can't hurt.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2
'92 Daytona IROC R/T Finally!
'86 Daytona Turbo Z CS "Free 2 Good Home"