Re: Installing MSD Wires and new distributor car and rotor

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 11:36:37 EDT

> As you can see from the subject line you can see I got some new things for
> my truck. I have never changed out any of these items. Are there any
tips
> anyone could give me so that I can make this as painless as possible?

Just be sure to replace one wire at a time, this way you wont get the wires
mixed up or crossed. Also, be sure to use plenty of dielectric/tune up
grease on the spark plugs and the dist. cap terminals. The dist. cap
replacement is very easy, just once again replace the wires from the old cap
to the new cap one at a time. You could even draw yourself up a little
picture on what wires fom what cylinder corresponds to the terminal on the
cap. As far as the rotor goes, just pull it straight up and slap the other
one straight back down on it, you cant mess this up :)
Overall, this is really an easy part of regular maintenace. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6