Dyno run for the 4.7L !!!!!!!

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 13:32:52 EDT

Finally got my dyno run last night at Richmond Dragway, they were using a
new DynoJet! The only Mod. to the engine is a Home made air intake
utilizing a K&N filter. That is it, no exhaust work, or TB work, or chip,
NOTHING else!
My estimate before the pull was 210 RWHP and I wasn't far off!!

Weather conditions were 72 degrees and 30% humidity
Computer is setup for 70 degrees, so there wasn't much correction!

Max Power was 208 RWHP @ 3880 ( uncorrected HP was 207)

Max Torque was 285 RWTQ @ 3280

The HP line was flat from 3800 thru 4900 pulling over 200 HP
The TQ line was flat from 3000 thru 4000 pulling over 275 Ft LBS

I messed up the pull by letting off the gas at 5000,(don't know why I let
out, had a brain lapse!) the graph shows around 200 hp up to 5000rpm when I
let out of it, so she was still pulling hard. But she peaked out before then
anyway!

Made my best run to date last night on Hoosiers, 14.74 @ 90.72 mph, best
short time also, 1.98 sec.!!!

I was very pleased with the dyno results and the new best ET!

Dyno break down was like this:

3000 rpm 160 HP 275 TQ
3200 rpm 170 HP 285 TQ
3400 rpm 180 HP 285 TQ
3600 rpm 190 HP 280 TQ
3800 rpm 200 HP 275 TQ
4000 rpm 205 HP 275 TQ
4200 rpm 205 HP 260 TQ
4400 rpm 205 HP 248 TQ
4600 rpm 205 HP 235 TQ
4800 rpm 203 HP 225 TQ
5000 rpm 190 HP 205 TQ
5100 rpm 0 HP 0 TQ let out, damn it! guess I got scared, heee
heee!!

Now, looks like I just need a little exhaust work!

Matt -- Mechanicsville, VA Y2K-HEMI
`00 Sport Plus 4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD
RC 2x4 Homemade intake & K&N open element,
Traction Bars, Spring clamps
BEST 1/4 14.74 @ 90.72 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ