RE: the 6er does NOT cover itself with glory

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 17:20:41 EDT

> Today, I decided to take the 6er down to the dragstrip and see what
> she'll do. Never been to a dragstrip before, so I was a little
> nervous, but everyone was very nice, so I got up there for my 1st
> run. Uhhh, oh! I'm supposed to go now! RT-.796 1/4-18.815 @ 74.83
> I know she can do better. So round I go again. Rev her up, I'm
> watching the lights- WHEEL SPIN! Starting to think I'm just gonna
> sit there and spin till the next folks get staged, I put it in 2nd
> and go. Mighty impressive RT-.989 (STOP LAUGHING!) 1/4-18.593 @77.39
> 3rd pass- FINALLY! RT-.521 1/4-17.878 @76.41
> I decided it wasn't going to get much better, and I was tired, (who
> knew driving 1/4 mile could be so exhausting), so I went home.
> Fortunately, the honor of Dodge trucks was NOT up to me to uphold, as
> I originally feared, because there was a racing Dakota there in the
> Super Pro class who did a 10.06.

Look at it this way Flip, it was your first time. You didn't do that bad!
Your E/T's got better each time. At least you didn't have to us Bob's "deep
stage" method! This summer I will be running my truck for the first time
(and me for the first time since 1985). That'll be good for even more
laughs!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ