Dakota R/T experience....

From: Michael Carlson (dodgeman95@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 18:36:14 EDT

Hey All!!
Sorry i haven't posted in a while...been pretty busy workin. Drove a 2000
Platinum Durango this week!!! GAWD, it was SOOOOOOO nice!!!! squealed the
tires right after i got in it. Drove a Dakota R/T, club cab, flame red on
thursday morning. Got a pretty good burnout off of it...felt the rearend
moving:)
On the Intrepid R/T....they're keepin it pretty quiet...we've got a red one
and a silver one. For those who're curious, i'm at Timberline Dodge, here
in Portland, Oregon...
And the quest for a Dakota continues...one of the '96s i really like is
still in the body shop...:( i'm gonna have to wait till june or july to get
one:*( but, i kinda picked up a hot deal on a stereo this week. bought it
for my present rig, which i finally decided to dump...as it won't pass
emissions. Got a Blaupunkt Key West CD player head unit and two 6.5s for
$219.99. Where will those speakers fit in a '89-96 Dakota?? or will they??
at any rate, if the '96 doesn't pan out, i found an '89 reg. cab v6, auto
w/OD for $3150...i'm still havin a hell of a time finding insurance
though...the quotes come back for as much or more than the rig i want to
buy....
Oh well....sorry this is so long....:)
Later,
Mike C.

P.S.- Maybe some of us Portland DMLers could get together sometime?? if
you're interested email me and i'll give ya my cellular and home numbers...