Howday, and an intro

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 19:30:02 EDT

Hi,
I've been an archive lurker for a year or so, and have been looking at
buying a Dakota to replace my S-Truck as the "suburban wheel barrow".
My wife & I both have daily drivers that we pump the work miles into.
I'm still studying the years & engines, so I won't bore you with a bunch
of repeat questions.. My priorities during the week are (1) pay bills
(2) pay more bills, (3) monkey with turbos & EFI, and (4) spend
too much time on the net..
 I've been a rabid drag racer for 25 years.
 I've never had brand loyalty to anyone.
 I have only one question for now.
 Are the older (more squared), Daks any roomier
in the engine bay than the newer ones? I'm not partial to V8's
but if the truck I find has one in it, I'm not pulling it out..
I'd prefer do to pump up a six banger (I have a Syclone),
and room for turbo(s) & IC is a must.. The more room to work
 & fabricate the better.. .
Thanks,
Mike V NE Ohio