Re: need top end

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 22:46:49 EDT

At 01:33 PM 4/8/00 EDT, you wrote:
>what can i do to get top end my 00 CC 4.7 5 speed takes off like a bat at of
>hell all the way through 3rd but has no top end I run a good 1/4 mile at
15.2
>stock with a flowmaster but i run at only 88 mph my friend run the same time
>at 91 what can i do

Hey, Chris.

If you look at Matt's dyno results in table format, it seems that there's
an early drop in hp and torque. Kinda confirms your feeling of 'no top
end'.

Never really looked into overhead cam setups but if they work on the same
principles the traditional cam motors, the only way that I can think
of is cam replacement.

             Intake ---> engine ---> Exhaust
     take in more air mods ---> pass more air through mods ----> exit more
air mods
(ported tb, intake manifold) (cam replacement) (headers,
exhaust)

Aftermarket choices currently limited or nil due to newness of the 4.7L.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.