Re: Roller rockers- neat update and a spankin!

From: EUGENE HARRINGTON (MOPARSLOTCAR@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 21:57:46 EDT

I have a stethoscope already. My Dakota 4.7 might have rocker studs but
I hope not. I'm not to familiar with it yet. Other Mopars I am
familiar with have rocker shafts which just bolt down, spacers can be
used to back off preload. Chevy engines have those studs which pull
themselves out. They are only pressed in and not very tight at all.
Everyone I've worked on needed screw in stud replacements to hold set.
Wait a minute, 4.7 is supposed to be overhead cam, it shouldn't have
studs does it ? Are you guys talking about a Mopar engine here ? I
gotta get a Shop Manual for mine still, never seen inside this new
design yet.

Thanks,
 Eugene