Re: Roller rockers- neat update and a spankin!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 19:31:41 EDT

Yea, but as soon as you adjust one, turn it over and the lifter gets mashed
by the cam, the oil in the hydraulic lifters get pressed out and they're not
"adjusted" anymore. You can get by with it a little more with hydraulic
lifters. Just my two cents.

oh, to find the rattling and clicking. get a stethoscope and listen to it on
the adjusting nut on top. it is mounted to the stud and won't move. that
way, you'll know for sure which one is clicking when the hydraulic lifters
get oil pumped into em.
-Dester

<< I have tried adjusting valve lash with the engine running but have
 troubles figuring out which rocker is rattling and to adjust. Following
 the firing order and cranking the engine around with a socket on the
 crank has always been the best way for me.

 Thanks,
  Eugene