Re: Re: Whats a stock R/T run??

From: Dave and Charlene (popcorn123456@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 22:42:40 EDT

> Define spank ;-) you sure these R/Ts were wanting to play with ya? No
> offense intended man, but I have raced MANY R/Ts at the track and on the
> street, as well as driven several of them... I've yet to
drive/race/witness
> an R/T run as slower than about 15.4... Of course an R/T with a bad
driver
> could easily run a 15.8-16.0

Ok wise guy ;-) lets put it this way. I know both of these people. I
personally put the headers on the one that has them(99CC) the other is stock
and a reg. cab short box. I raced the stock one from a dead stop to about
90mph 3 times.... The other I raced froma 20mph role to about 110mph.Now the
CC does have a hard cover on the box, running boards, a wing(hey I didn't
say he had good taste) so it IS heavier, I was just curious. I drive lots of
these at work(Mopar tech) and they all seem to be about the same.The CC did
feel faster till he started putting all that crap on it. I'm NOT trying to
start anything, I was just curious, as one other one I drove at work(Had
just put the MP comp. on it) didn't feel any faster and he says he ran 14.5
at the track before the MP comp.The Jeep DOES work good and it does have a
K@N in the stock box and the bonnet on the TB has been masaged a bit but
thats it.

                          Dave St.Louis
            98 GRAND CHEROKEE LTD. 5.9L