Re: K&N dissed at inspection

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 11:59:57 EDT

I'd have to agree with Bernd, if it has the CARB#, then it's legal. I hope
I don't have these problems if I move to Texas next year (cuz of my job).
Here in Ohio, they don't usually open the hood. If you pass the sniffer and
have a cat, that is all that matters. It just amazes me how some places
claim you must have a 100% stock vehicle, even if it does pass the sniffer
with the mods. I don't know everyone else's requirements, but in Ohio our
tailpipes test are a joke. One mechanic who performs the test got his well
tuned late 50's Corvette to pass, no emissions controls period. I know it
is a pain, but if you just have to pass the visual inspections once a year
(once every 2 years for me), just bolt the stock parts back on some evening.
  Up here, we can't get in trouble when pulled over for mods other than an
exhaust being too loud. Just my thoughts.