Re: K&N dissed at inspection

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 21:40:42 EDT

"Ryan Rodgers" <rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I'd have to agree with Bernd, if it has the CARB#, then it's legal. I hope
>I don't have these problems if I move to Texas next year (cuz of my job).
>Here in Ohio, they don't usually open the hood. If you pass the sniffer and
>have a cat, that is all that matters. It just amazes me how some places

All this crap makes me glad I live here, and have a good job so I
don't have to move. There are no sniffers here. If I removed the cat
I highly doubt anyone would notice. I've never seen them look under
the vehicle to see if it's there. It was only a couple of years ago
they made it mandatory there be no exhaust leaks. Before that, you
could get a sticker even if there was a big hole dumping exhaust out
the header pipe. Several years ago I had a car that had a hole in the
pipe leading into the muffler. It was pretty loud, and the guy at the
shop told me the rule is there be no leaks when inspected. So I
wrapped some exhaust leak tape around it, took it back in, and got the
sticker. Sure, the tape blew off a few weeks later, but I was good
for another year.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43