Re: Cat back dual exhaust V.S. True dual exhaust

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 12:12:55 EDT

Just because you don't have an inspection, doesn't mean it isn't illegal.
Federal law still prohibits removal or tampering of emissions control
devices. Same thing where I live in California. 73 and earlier cars are
now exempt from testing. Which means I'm putting a 400hp beast in the bay.
Is that legal? NO!!!! Now in some areas, San Diego comes to mind, local
police have taken it on themselves to pull over hot cars and inspect them.
I don't think my ride will be heading South.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage