Re: Cat back dual exhaust V.S. True dual exhaust

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 07:59:41 EDT

Well, first let me say that I was able to swing picking up my new Dak this
weekend instead of waiting. Dealer said he would hold my check a few days
until I got the rest of the money transfered. All I can say is I love the
truck and its 4.7 makes my 92 4.3 S-10 look pathetic. Now, back to the
topic. I've seen a lot of posts on this topic asking about laws and such.
I would say that it really depends on the state or county you live in as to
true duals being illegal. I had true duals (for fun) on the S-10 and it was
legal because I had 2 cats. I live in Cleveland, OH and we have a pass the
sniffer just like everyone else, but they only visually inspect to make sure
a cat is installed. Now, another example is to move 2 counties West. They
have no inspections period. You could run open headers and unless you were
pulled over for the noise, it wouldn't be illegal. My best advice to anyone
modifying their truck in this manner is to really check your local laws
first. Also, consider what would happen if you ever did move. At least
with the cat-back kits you should never have to worry that your setup won't
past the test if you do move.