Re: K&N dissed at inspection

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 13:37:55 EDT

MIke:

That's pretty interesting stuff. Typical ignorance on her part, though.
I've never had anyone look under the hood or under the chassis either
during a state inspection. All they do is turn the lights on and off, run
the turn signals, make sure the back-up lights come on and the truck
stops when they mash the brakes.
Maybe this is something new for Houston since it now the *smogiest* city
in the USA. :^P

Richard in San Antonio

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:09:15 -0700 Michael Clark <magnumv8@wtez.net>
writes:

> Hey, the other day my dad took my truck to get an inspection sticker
> for me. The lady at the shop ALMOST wouldn't pass my truck because
> of
> the FIPK. Dad didn't know about the CARB sticker that I put on the
> firewall for pricks --er bi*#hes like this. Later that day he told
> me
> about it and I pulled the Summit catalog and showed him they were 50
> state legal and he later took that and showed the woman. He said
> she smarted
> off something like "well they just say that to sell stuff, and the
> law
> has just changed so anything that didn't come on the vehicle from
> the
> factory isn't
> legal". Now we all know this is complete horse shit, but what I
> would
> REALLY like to have is something from a legitimate source stating
> something to the fact that if an aftermarket part has a CARB
> exemption
> number then it cannot violate any emmision laws. Can K&N provide
> this? Any other source for this kind of info? I tried to search
> the
> Texas DPS site but didn't find anything relevant to this situation.
> What I'm getting at is how can I prove to her that the FIPK is
> totally
> legal.
>
> PS: Kinda tells you how bright she is, she didn't even mention the
> headers (they too are 50 state legal but have no exemption sticker).
> Maybe she was picking on my
> truck because I've currently got one stock valve cover and one Mopar
> valve cover on it...... got the other one off fitting it with a
> second
> oil baffle. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> --Mike www.mikesdakota.com
>
> Monday, April 10, 2000, 3:58:01 AM, you wrote:

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.