RE: Re: K&N FIPK vs. QuickD Intake kit?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 15:09:58 EDT

Looking at the air hat for the 4.7 Dakota, I don't think the QuickD will
work for this motor due to the different style of air hat and clearance
required from the manifold design. However, looking at the first tube (four
inches long) from the air hat, you could easily mount a K&N Cone element and
still have direct shot. Sad part is the hot air would be sucked in.

Now for better part, you could easily order a mandrel straight tube from JC
Whitney and run it to the fender area (cut out a hole large enough for air
intake) and create a aluminum shield blocking the hot air from the engine.
Can it be done yes! Is it professional looking-no it SUCKS!

Hey BernD! Maybe we should build theses for the 4.7 Dak. Another business
opportunity. Sell it to the dealers.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA