K&N dissed at inspection/ TX inspection

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 15:07:51 EDT

Well,

I just got off the phone with an "Official" at DPS and the CARB EO#'s do
apply to Texas...however, the manuals (and he admitted to this) for the
technicians arent' that clear on how to check for "Tampered Equipment". If
the EO# is current, it's perfectly fine to have the part on the vehicle. If
the EO# is out of date (and some, if not all, do have dates on them) then
it's considered "Tampered Equipment" and they can fail it.

His recommendation was to keep all of the stickers in a safe place and when
it's time to get the vehicle inspected, bring them with you. I'm waiting
for his email response as well.

BTW: The "Dyno" Smog Machines are coming to Austin in 2002.

- Bernd