Re: K&N dissed at inspection

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 18:25:09 EDT

Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> Alan:
>
> Not doubting you, but when did this start? I've always gone to the
> JiffyLoob around the corner and never had a problem. THey never even look
> under the hood,
>
> Richard in San Antonio

San Antonio doesn't have a smog problem like Dallas and Houston.
Hopefully you'll never HAVE to pop the hood! Lucky dog!
We've had tailpipe sniffers for at least 10 years, probably more.
Outside Dallas County, it's about the same kind of inspection as what
you have in S.A., just a visual/safety inspection.
Oh, and by the way, if your vehicle is registered in Dallas County, you
have to get it inspected here. You can't just go outside the County and
get a visual/safety inspection.
Alan S.