Re: 96 V-6 Bogging out

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 22:41:30 EDT

That'd be true for a Mazda, since they have a Mass Airflow sensor type setup.
 On our dakotas, it is throttlebody regulated and has a MAP sensor, so I
don't think a "leak" in the system would cause that to happen. A good way to
see if you have a vacuum leak is to spray around the "hissing" areas with a
can of carb cleaner (or throttle body cleaner) and if you can hear it get
sucked in, your engine RPMs will probably vary a little bit also.
-Dester

<< I had this same problem on a '90 Mazda 626 once. Turned out to be the
air
 intake boot from the filter box to the throttle body. Had a crack on the
 backside. So... it would be fine while idling or taking off very gently, but
 if you did anything else, the torque would cause the engine to rock a bit,
 open the crack in the boot, dump in a wazoo load of unexpected air, and the
 Mass Air Sensor would crap its pants and send the fuel injection in a tizzy
so
 it would bog. (Don't ya love these technical terms?) Check to see if your
 intake boot is cracked anywhere or not on completely. Worth a try. If it's a
 crack, mine was fixed with good ol' duct tape for a month while I waited to
 get the part! >>