Re: Manual Tranny Oil & WTB

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 22:39:25 EDT

75/90 weigh in a manual tranny? I think that's for your differentials. I
don't think Mopar has a "synthetic" tranny fluid like ford and their
dex/Mercon 5. Just use a mopar 7167? compatible or ATF +3 and you're set.
Just change it on time and you probably won't need the synthetic stuff.
-Dester

PS. the reason Mopar needs a special lubricant is because it is believed that
their trannies aren't built up to the qualities of other manufacturers and
the metals inside need the extra protection. don't ask me. mine just works.

<< So what's the consensus on tranny oil for the Dak? I've never heard of a
 sulfur content problem until I bought Dodge. I'm around 8000 miles and
 plan to go all synthetic at 9000. Any specific synthetic oil or a Mopar
 "special blend"? I'm thinking about either Mobil 1 gear oil or Neo
 Synthetic 75W90.

 Also, I'm looking for 3.55:1 gears for a '99 Dak. Anyone got a set laying
 around that they want to get rid of? Email me off the list for the gears.

 Thanks

 Mike Schwall >>