Re: Fw: MML-Help withthe Dak at the Track

From: Shari & Marty (msdng@netzero.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 10:08:52 EDT

>From his MPH, he sounds like he is at a high elevation? (Maybe try launching
in second gear once.) I never brought mine over 1500-1800 rpm and had to
ease out the clutch to nurse it out of the hole. Judging from you R/times,
which aren't your main concern, leave on two and three quarters of the
lights, you may even be able to leave on the third yellow. But you do have
to slip and nurse the clutch. Power shift for second and third
and you should do fine. If you are running stock, shift around 4800-4900
rpm, that should keep you in the 318's powerband.
Kuk