Re:RE: RE: The Lawman Anti-Theft Device

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 11:08:55 EDT

If the device makes you feel more comfortable and your insurance rates were
lowered because of it, hey...so bet it.

As for the alarm system, ever seen what a simple hand-taser does to an
alarm system? SnapOn used to make (and probably still does) a really cool
ignition system by-pass box that allowed you to run a vehicle without the
actual ignition system even hooked up. (Totally bypassed it).

I'm not against alarm systems, just never had a need for one...including in
the past when I lived in East San Jose, CA where crime is a hourly thing
and you wake up to gun shots on the weekends. If a thief wants your
vehicle...no alarm, ignition cutoff, club-style device, or anything like
that will stop them.

- Bernd