Re: RE: RE: The Lawman Anti-Theft Device

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 12:01:24 EDT

> Did anyone try to hide a switch inside your Dak somewhere that will cut
off
> the power to the fuel pump. Without knowledge of this simple switch, the
> "Bad Guy" will simply run out of gas in a couple of blocks.

This is a good idea, but it wouldn't it just be easier to pull the relay out
for fuel pump. Another easy trick is to put your transfer case(of course
only if you have 4WD) in neutral when you are parked. If you try to put the
transmission in drive, it will just rev. Your common thief typically will
not know think to look at the position the tcase lever is in. You could also
simply unplug the ignition coil's spark plug wire or even just unplug the
coil's power connector. What a friend of mine does with his Jeep is to
simply unhook the gas pedal's cable, it only takes 2 seconds and without the
cable being hooked on, the Jeep wont go anywhere. I wont ever take time to
do any of the above nor would I ever spend money on an alarm. I do live next
to the ex-Murder capital of the US, Gary Indiana.....but if they want my
truck let em have it. I have NEVER had problems in the past, so I just dont
worry....it is just not worth it to me.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6