Re: Removing tape glue from paint.

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 14:25:06 EDT

At 08:57 AM 4/13/00 , you wrote:
>I had my windshield replaced the other day and today is the day the bandages
>come of. I am assuming that I will end up with that tape goo left over. Any
>one have any suggestions on how to safely remove that from the paint?

There's lots of stuff you can use. Goo-Gone will certainly take it off.
Rubbing alcohol might do it. Believe it or not you can even use lighter
fluid to take it off. The main thing is to not leave anything on the finish
any longer than necessary. Wash the area immediately afterwards and apply a
coat of wax.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too
good and not quite all the time."--George Orwell