Re: DEALER MESSED MY TRUCK UP!!!

From: EUGENE HARRINGTON (MOPARSLOTCAR@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:43:22 EDT

My local Dodge dealer also has a bad reputation. Chesterfield Dodge is
okay to buy from but the service department has much to be desired.
They worked on my '67 Chrysler Newport a couple times.

Once they cracked my cast aluminum valve cover by overtorqueing. They
replaced the set with a new set, but attached them with long bolts and
washers and oversized nuts stacked up unbelieveable from a professional
shop. I never found out what happened to my original bolts, they
probably stripped them I guess.

Another time during a routine state inspection, to check the brake shoes
; well first on older Mopars the drivers side lug nuts are left hand
threads and labeled so on the ends of the studs. Anyway the novice
mechanic drove the lugnut THROUGH the steel rim. The nut chewed right
through the rim enlarging the hole and ruining the rim , wheel stud and
lug nut. They didn't tell me anything either time. I didn't notice the
lug nut until a week later I got a flat on guess which wheel ?

I get my service which I can't handle done by a GoodYear owned store now
and am happy with them. Privately owned GoodYear stores are
con-artists.

I do most everything myself. I figure the labor costs pay for the
additional tools I might need, then next time it is free !

Thanks,
 Eugene