Chrysler's quality control sucks.

From: Christopher Freiburger (cfrybrgr@andersontire.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:35:30 EDT

Hello all! Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while but thought I'd
share my recent experience with my brand new 2000 4X4 Club Cab. I was
washing it for the first time last week (I had only had it a week) when I
noticed a chip of paint come off the top of the rail on the box right before
the cab on the passenger side. I was pissed. When I studied it further I
noticed small dents on both sides on the back of the cab and on the front of
the box. It would appear to me that when the truck was being assembled that
they banged the box against the cab when they set it on the frame. I was
even more pissed. Then I noticed that overall alignment of the box on both
sides was off - you could slide your finger with no problem between the box
and the cab on the passenger and not at all on the driver side. By this
point I am fit to be tied. I took the truck back to the dealer and they
agreed that the damage done was caused during manufacturing. They took the
truck, took the box off the frame, completely repainted the passenger side
of the box and the back of the cab and straightened the box as best they
could. The dealer told me that it is as good as it is going to get as all
Dakotas are not perfectly straight. I'm thinking... Bull**** This is a
$35,000 (Canuck Bucks) truck why should I have to accept this? If I hadn't
already sunk $1,000 into it already with aftermarket stuff I would have told
them to take their truck and shove it. I got it back yesterday and I must
admit that it does look pretty good aside from the extra welding or whatever
they did underneath. But the fact that I know about it is going to bug me
for the rest of the time that I own it. Has anyone else had any similar
experiences? Just tell me that I'm not alone please!

Chris

PS. Aside from all that stuff I absolutely love my new Dakota, it has all
the treats my 1998 had plus a few more, I will get over it... Eventually.