|||Ram air box by AIS |||

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:14:58 EDT

Has anyone tried out the "Ram Air Box" made by AIS (Air Inlet Systems) www.ramairbox.com ? It's a round filter (similar to an old school 14"x3" filter) that sits where your stock air hat sits that has two inlet tubes sticking out of it. You need to run inlet tubes to where ever you are getting good cold air flow. I was thinking about adding this to my Durango and running one tube to the passenger side fender (where the stock air box gets cold air from) and one tube to a space in the grill next to the radiator. I really want a supercharger, but I'm going to have to wait until maybe next year (trying to buy a house). I think this air box would work with the supercharger as well, by removing the "ram air box" filter. This would make it act like a air hat with two intake tubes. Let me know what you think?

Chuck
'00 Flame red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, & R/T wheels