1/4 mile track suggestions

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 11:00:44 EDT

No, I'm not running slicks. I'm running Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17's. This is more to see what it runs before I do any mods. That way I can see how my mods are actually doing. When should I stomp the gas...as the last yellow turns on? Or should I hold the brake and get the RPM's up and just let go of the brake and gas it? If that's the case roughly what RPM should I get her up to? I know she isn't going to run all that fast without any mods...a magazine I have says it should run about a 16.6 at 81 mph stock. I'll let you know what my actual time is. Is there any other DML'ers going to be at Milan Dragway in Michigan this Saturday? Look out for my ride (see info below). I'm going with a few friends and there rides also: '00 Acura Type R, '95 BMW M3, '00 Mustang GT, & '97 Mustang GT.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear 275/60/R17)
performance mods coming soon...Phase I: Mopar headers, cold air intake system, cat-back (maybe removing my cats) Phase II: supercharger, 2"-3" lowering kit w/ Bilstien shocks, Bremlo brakes
checkout www.durangoclub.com