Re: Exhaust systems - Velocity!?!

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 11:08:31 EDT

I appreciate what happens regarding velocity in a "perfect" exhaust
situation. This would be unobstructed pipes with no cats and/or mufflers.
Not exactly what we got here. My question is this: How much does the cat
and/or the muffler affect the velocity of the exhaust gases and to what
extent do the rules of pipe diameter still apply? Should we all be using
smaller diameter pipes than we are to take into account the already
slowed-down exhaust gas pulses?

My head is not exploding. I love these technical discussions. Thanks Cale.
Andrew