1/4 mile track suggestions

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 15:10:29 EDT

How much tire pressure should I run for 275/60/R17? Would taking off in 4x4 work better than 2 wheel drive? Right now it hooks up pretty damn good. I just put these tires on her last week. Would it help to manually shift it from 1, 2, into D or let the computer decide when to shift? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I know the max torque hits at a lower RPM than max HP, so I would think it would be better to shift after max torque has been achieved? Since what you actually "feel" when you take off is torque not HP.

Chuck
'00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear 275/60/R17)
performance mods coming soon...Phase I: Mopar headers, cold air intake system, cat-back (maybe removing my cats) Phase II: supercharger, 2"-3" lowering kit w/ Bilstien shocks, Bremlo brakes
checkout www.durangoclub.com