RE: 360 IS IN!!!!

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 15:45:17 EST

> > <snip> just another update for you, we got my brother's
> > ram done about 3 weeks ago. we put a stock 440 in with a mild cam (.507
> > lift) torker 440 intake and holley 750 carb. the rest is all
> stock with no
> > boring done to the block. it ran 12.78 @ 105.
>
> Scott,
> Sounds like you guys have a fun shop at your place 8-). What did your
> brother do about the motor mount situation in the Ram w/the 440? What
> tranny/driveshaft? I bet traction is a major problem w/that much
> torque on
> hand. If you guys are this serious about making hp - surely its
> got slicks.
> Bet that baby comes out of the hole pretty good huh?

It's been a real fiasco at my place.

1st. we built my brother's ram, now we are working on my Shelby, and putting
axels and spool under my Dad's ram.

Well, as soon as I get some time for pics I should have some, but putting a
big block in a ram is rather easy. You just buy mounts for a ramcharcher
and it sets right in. pretty much just a bolt in operation. We did switch
it to manual steering also. As for a tranny we had a 727 ready to go, and I
think they used the drive shaft that was on the truck with the slant six.
Actually with the truck @ the track, traction is not a big deal. He has
ladder bar suspension under it and it hooks real good. It doesn't come out
of the hole to good due to the fact the converter in it stalls at about
2000rpm's. He bought Mickey Thompson Sportsman pro's and we ran it last
week and the 60' foots were the same still @ 1.81

later all

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322 (14.89 @ 89mph) - 360 being built