Oil Drain Valve, would you use one?

From: Roderic Vaughan (Rodeaux@prodigy.net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 21:39:25 EDT

I have one and have not had any problems with it. It is nice to put a hose
on adn let the oil go. Keeps down the mess. Has a locking tab that keeps it
locked shut.

Roderic
98 4x4 CC 5.2L

Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:36:30 -0500
From: Todd Abernathy <t_abernathy7@juno.com>
Subject: DML: Oil Drain Valve, would you use one?

I see that Summit has a Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve, after cleaning oil
out of the skid plate on my first oil change I'm thinking about getting
one of these to replace the drain plug. Is anyone familiar with the
brand or using one ? Short of someone draining your oil is there any
problem with these types of valves ?
Thanks in advance.
Todd