Magnum noise

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 23:16:01 EDT

Question.What is a good oil to use to quiet down a V6(or V8 I
guess)Magnum engine? I don`t know,what is it,roller lifters or roller
rockers,or sumpmm like that that`s so noisy in these things? ( I know
sumpmm`s not a word,but you hear it all the time.)This winter I changed
the oil and used 5w30 to help it crank better in 0 degree weather.Now
I`m wondering if the motor`s not a little noisier with 5w30.It`s due for
an oil change in 800 miles,and I`m going back to 10w30 anyway,so what`s
good to use? Right now I`m at the point(near 6000 mi.)where I could
start using synthetic oil.Is there any kind of DML general consensus on
this?Or am I just AOL?Wait a minute,that`s SOL!! Sorry.