stereos in dakota? please help (William)

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 18:07:19 EDT

"William H. Hiatt III" wrote:

> Well.. I got the MTX Thunderform box installed yesterday. That thing thumps
> man. Now, I have the rest of the stock stereo. I don't want to replace the
> head unit right now. So, what's the best thing to get for around 800-1000
> for speakers, install etc for the door speakers. This include the little
> tweeters in the front doors, the spekaers on the bottom, and the side
> quarter speakers. I take it it would be better to just get a 4 channel amp
> for this, what do you guys think? Where's the best place to put the
> 4channel amp. Right now, the amp for the subs is under the passenger seat,
> and I can't fit another one. Drivers seat, no room. THanks fro all your advice.
>
> P.S. I wan something that sounds GOOD

William,
I also have the t form. I'm pushing it with a MTX 2130. I started with 2 sets of
6.5" infinity kappa components. Set in the stock door location (which sucks) and 1
set in the rear (CC). I wasn't happy with the sound up front and added a third set
(2 sets up front) also in the doors (between the door pocket and the door handle)
and it made an incredable difference. The third set is not a componet set but has
the tweets built in. Each one of the 6.5's pairs are driven by an MTX 275. One
under the driver seat and one in each side panel of the CC. The bigger amp for the
t form is under the pass seat. You can put a amp under the driver seat by making a
"shelf" that attaches to the cross bars of the power seat and mounting the amp on
it, instead of right on the floor. I've set my seat the way I like it and pulled
the fuse.
I'm using a Sony CDX-7850 head.
Bob.

--
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Lund Wiper Cowl