Re: stereos in dakota? please help (William)

From: Alberto Aguirre (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 08:01:33 EDT

The rear ones are an oversized 6 1/2" speaker. The
reason I say that is I already swapped those out with
infinity reference 6 1/2" 2-way speakers. The speaker
rim is stuck on with a silicone type sealant and the
hole behind the speaker is pretty big. So much so
that the reference fit in the hole. Also the factory
speaker has three tabs extending from it that are what
is actually screwed into the paneling. I had
triangular shaped adapters made at my local circuit
city to screw into the factory holes and have cutouts
to fit my 6 1/2" reference. My factory speakers were
torn along the cheap foam and cheap paper cone seam.
They may be infinity but they have those cheesy white
paper labels stuck on them on the magnet.
The rear two way is a 6 1/2" speaker with a tweeter
suspended over it on a little bar as opposed to it
coming out of the speaker as most other "2-way"
speakers.
Alberto
http://thematrix.acmecity.com/oracle/195/98dakota.html