T-Tech/ATF Flushes

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 18:55:47 EDT

Every year(usually around this time), I change the tranny fluid by dropping
the pan and putting on a new filter, pan gasket, fluid, etc. So far, at
121,000 miles, my transmission works wonderfully. I may be interested in
trying out this 100% ATF flush service many local oil lube shops offer.

Dester, I would assume you may know the most about this, so I would like to
ask you some things.

First off, how is this 'machine' tapped into the tranny line(s)? Do they
just take a tranny cooler hose off or do they cut a line? Does this machine
has it's own onboard pump or does it reply on the transmission to
pump/exchange the fluid? Since I would just have the shop do it(since I am
already there), would the oil lube shop drop the pan and replace the
filter/fluid/gasket before or after the ATF flush? I would just like to
gather some background info before I call some places and ask them how their
shop does this, so I know what I am looking for and talking about. Is it
REALLY worth it? I mean most places charge $70-$80 just for the ATF Flush
and another $40 for the filter/gasket replacement.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6