Re: T-Tech/ATF Flushes

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 23:07:35 EDT

Well, most of the time, we can hook it into the cooler lines. There are just
a bunch of couplings that will connect into the female and male end of the
cooler lines. It's not really all that hard to hook it up. but I think on a
pre-mag dakota, we had to hook it up under the truck. right next to the
transmission. took a little longer.

it relies on the transmission's pump to exchange the fluids. you'll be shown
two tubes with the new fluid going in and the old going out. Be sure to get
them to use ATF +3 (which is mopar compliant) so some nuthead doesn't put
Dex3 in your tranny and they end up having to buy you a new one. hehe
have fun
-Dester

PS. we do not drop the pan at all. I've never seen a transmission filter,
but I've heard it's nothing too great, and it's more like a screen, and the
T-Tech will "clean" the screen and it's exchanging the fluids.

<<
 First off, how is this 'machine' tapped into the tranny line(s)? Do they
 just take a tranny cooler hose off or do they cut a line? Does this machine
 has it's own onboard pump or does it reply on the transmission to
 pump/exchange the fluid? Since I would just have the shop do it(since I am
 already there), would the oil lube shop drop the pan and replace the
 filter/fluid/gasket before or after the ATF flush? I would just like to
 gather some background info before I call some places and ask them how their
 shop does this, so I know what I am looking for and talking about. Is it
 REALLY worth it? I mean most places charge $70-$80 just for the ATF Flush
 and another $40 for the filter/gasket replacement.
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6 >>