RE: Short summary on Spring Fling (and the "post-show" events!!)

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 23:51:28 EDT

Ed and all, go check out the mpeg of the smokefest..
And thanks to everyone there and everyone who donated some rubber to the
tire gods, that was one hell of a cloud of smoke!! I hope Tony got that on
videotape, i gotta get a copy of that.
http://blackdakrt.com/mpegs/smoked.mpg

Later
Jack
http://blackdakrt.com

I can sum it up in one word. WOW!!!!! There were 100's of old and new
Mopar iron, about 10 Gen 3 Daks, and a sweet white Shelby Dak. The cool
part was that all the cars that were leaving were doing nice and smoky
burn-outs. Which gave Jack Yates an idea.......

  After the show, Jack wanted to go to this tunnel under the Van Nuys
Airport and pretty much while we all (like 7 of us) were under it, we
all put the trucks in Neutral, and just gunned it!! WOW, that was
SWEEEET!!

 We then decided to go find a parking lot and take group pics. When we
did that, Jack goes "let's get some burn-out pics". So, we all got into
our trucks and just sat there, roasting the s--t out of our tires,
filling up the whole freshly paved parking lot with smoke and rubber. I
now have to go to Costco and get a new tire, I wore mine out!! No tread
left!! I was cleaning rubber off the side of my truck for 30 mins!!

  And of course, I was the only one there upholding the V-6 name, and I
think I did a pretty good job of showing these "elitest snobs" (j/k!!)
that my little 6 can do the same thing just as good as they can, lol!!
It was soo smoky, I couldn't see!! I made the mistake of leavig my
windows down during the burn-out. The inside of my truck now smells like
burnt Bridgestones and Goodyears!!

   And what did y'all think about my BBQ place?? Tony Quick D reeeeally
liked the hot wings, he was sweating the whole time, lollol!!!!! It was
fun!!!!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6
'66 Olds F-85, 5.5 V-8, will have 350hp