Re: RE: Short summary on Spring Fling (and the "post-show"events!!)

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 13:24:15 EDT

Okay guys! What are we doing next weekend to top this! WOW! What a
Sunday!

Hear about the missing forest fire in the Valley yesterday? Massive fire
near Sherman Way, but when the firetrucks arrived there was nothing
burning. Strange marks and burnt asphalt though in a parking lot. Must
have been
ALIENS!!!

Exiting the Fling we had like 7 or 8 Daks in a row, plus Tony's D. I
wasn't going to do anything in my lowly SLT Luxosledtowing vehicle, but I
could hear this little kid watching from the curb go, "look daddy another
Dakota! Pretty Color!!!" I couldn't let the little boy down!

On the freeway to Burbank, it looked like a Craftsman Truck race!!!

Cool stuff!

I can't wait til the next AutoX. Let's have some Dak's in the field! Gary
is a strong driver in a strong performer, if nothing else it is a blast to
watch him spank M3's, Corvettes, and Porsches!!! I can tell you even a
stock height SLT on Eagle LS rubber can have a great time and not be
embarrassed. You R/T guys would have some serious serious fun.

They do require a Snell 85 or higher helmet.

The event is at Hollywood Park on May 7th. Cost is $25. Check out
www.solo2.com for more info.

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage